Radio Systems Engineer
Published: Tuesday, 9th February 2021
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Field Engineer to join our team, as a result of our continued growth and expansion.
Roadphone NRB specialise in providing two-way radio systems and solutions. Whilst our hire division provides radio systems to Europe’s events industry, our sales team pride themselves on designing, installing and supporting high-quality, ultra-resilient DMR Tier II and Tier III solutions. Our existing customer base includes corporate banks in the UK’s financial district, power stations & large manufacturing plants.
We’re looking to recruit an experienced Field Engineer, who will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of new & existing radio systems, as well as occasional support to our hire division. The successful candidate shall be able to oversee the implementation of radio systems to the designed specification, and be able to adopt a logical & methodical attitude to troubleshooting. Ideally, the candidate will be based at our headquarters in Bourne, Lincolnshire, where they will be able to make the most of our industry-leading workshop facilities, but will also spend a large proportion of time away from the office at customer’s sites.
The candidate must:
- Have demonstratable experience working with DMR radio systems from Motorola Solutions and Hytera
- Have a strong working knowledge of Linux, IP and computer systems including TCP/IP, networking and command line
- Have working knowledge of radio dispatch solutions, including TRBONet and Hytera’s SmartOne
- Understand the principles of RF, and have experience using test equipment and analysers
- Be able to conduct themselves in a positive and professional manner, both whilst in our offices and when working on customer’s sites
- Be able to provide clear and accurate reports to colleagues
- Be experienced in using a computer for everyday office-based tasks
- Be happy to consider trips away from home, whilst working on customer’s sites. There may be some need for occasional travel abroad, and as such, the successful candidate will hold (or be willing to obtain) a valid British passport.
The candidate will:
- Have a full UK driving license
- Be comfortable working at height
- Value quality, accuracy and dedication as some of their key strengths
- Able to pass police and local authority vetting procedures. Applications may be subjected to an enhanced DBS check during the recruitment process
- Have a full and comprehensive grasp of the English language, and able to compile reports to colleagues and clients
- Work outside of normal office hours when required
- Take part in an on-call rota system
- 20 days holiday per year
- All tools, computers, laptops and uniform provided
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Health insurance scheme (subject to eligibility)
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job title in your application.
Closing date for applications: Monday 22nd February 2021