Now Free Shipping on All Orders Over £100!
In the United Kingdom, most of the usage of radio frequencies or radio transmitters (Two-way radios, repeaters, desktop mobiles) are closely monitored by the Office of Communications or Ofcom, through there licencing scheme. Ofcom control these frequencies by monitoring who can transmit where and on what frequency’s they are allowed to do so, this is to ensure that users do not run into issues causing radio interference with each other. This becomes especially important when critical infrastructure such as policing, fire departments, rail companies, air traffic control and the military could be effected. Roadphone want to ensure that all of their customers are using radios correctly and with all the applicable licencing.
Simple UK Light:
This licence authorises the use of hand-portable or mobile radio equipment anywhere within the UK. Base station use is not permitted. Licensees have access to fifteen frequencies spread across four Business Radio frequency bands and must self-coordinate with other Simple UK Light licensees.
Allows the use of a limited number of frequencies for low power (up to 5 watts) equipment that can be used throughout the UK. Cost: £75.00 every five years no matter how many radios are used. Ideal for use when short distance communications is required at various and changing locations in the UK. Only a limited number of frequencies are available and may be subject to interference from other users.
Simple Site Light:
This licence authorises the use of a radio system operating a base station and mobile stations within a small area (typically 1 kilometre or less). Frequencies available under this licence class are typically used for radio paging systems. Licensees have access to a range of frequencies and must self-coordinate with other Simple Site Light licensees.
For low power (2watt ERP)systems operating upto 3km of a specified location such as required by manufacturing, construction, hospitality etc, may use a mix of mobiles and handportables. Cost: £75.00 for five years per site with no limit on the number of units used. Not as prone to interference from other users as the Simple UK Light Licence frequencies.
This is a flexible licence that authorises the use of a wide variety of business radio equipment. Licensees can choose from a wide range of frequencies across all Business Radio bands and a wide range of coverage areas, from very small (e.g. in-building coverage) to very large (e.g. a county).
For systems operating more than 3km and typically up to 30km radius from a specified location usually using high power (25 watt) repeater base stations and vehicle mounted mobiles such as required by transport, service industry, couriers etc. Cost: dependent on location, frequency band and operational radius required . This may increase considerably in some radio congested areas within the M25. The more units that are licensed increases the exclusivity of the frequencies allocated which results in less possible interference from other users.
Licence fees are calculated on the basis of several factors including the size of the coverage area and the popularity of the frequency band and typically range from £75 to £1480 for a single channel assignment.
You can now recycle your old electricals with us If you’re buying a new electrical item, we will recycle your old one (and any other small electricals you have) for free.
Unwanted electrical equipment is the UKs fastest growing type of waste. Many electrical items can be repaired or recycled, saving natural resources and the environment. If you do not recycle, electrical equipment will end up in landfill where hazardous substances will leak out and cause soil and water contamination – harming wildlife and also human health.
We can help
We are pleased to offer our customers the chance to recycle their old electrical items when purchasing a new item from us. Please speak to a member of staff for details on how to dispose of your WEEE item at our offices. To remind you that old electrical equipment can be recycled, it is now marked with a crossed‐out wheeled bin symbol. Please do not throw any electrical equipment (including those marked with the crossed out wheeled bin symbol) in your bin.
What is WEEE?
The Waste Electrical or Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive requires countries to maximise separate collection and environmentally friendly processing of these items. In the UK, distributors (including retailers) must provide a system which allows all customers buying new electrical equipment the opportunity to recycle their old items free of charge. Those establishing their own take‐back scheme must as a minimum offer all customers buying new electrical equipment free take back of their old electricals on a like‐for‐like basis.
It is the policy of Roadphone Ltd and N.R.B. to provide customers with a high quality service and to meet contractual requirements, any relevant legal and statutory requirements and codes of practice, etc. including ISO9001:2008. The organisation is presently transitioning to ISO9001:2015.
We seek to continually improve the effectiveness of the Quality Management System, which is reviewed during our Management Review Meetings, when we improve our existing quality objectives and establish new goals and objectives, wherever our system may benefit from doing so.
We charge for all deliveries unless otherwise agreed in writing by our authorised representative or agent. Please notify us in advance if you have any special delivery requirements. Goods can also be collected from our office at Pinfold Road, Bourne, Lincolnshire PE10 9HT
If the goods do not arrive or are incomplete, are the wrong goods or are damaged when you open them, you must contact us within 3 working days of receipt, telephone 01778 421250.
After delivery you are responsible for protecting the goods against loss or damage.
You cannot cancel an order once we have accepted it, unless Roadphone Ltd agrees this in writing.
It is your responsibility to check the goods on delivery. All our goods are sold to you with the benefit of the manufacturer's warranty. If faulty goods are to be returned to us you must obtain a written authorisation from Roadphone Ltd. Goods must be returned with all the original packaging together with all accessories and manuals. We cannot accept unauthorised returns that do not comply with the above. Goods returned for repair must be adequately packaged, contain a delivery note giving full contact details of the customer, invoice /delivery address and details of any faults and any repairs that are required. Any warranty repairs must be returned with a copy invoice or proof of purchase.
If you change your mind we may take goods back at our discretion if they are unopened, unused and in perfect condition. There will be a handling charge of 15% of the purchase price (or £20 whichever is greater) plus a collection charge of £6.95 for this service. Please contact us for more details.
If you return goods please ensure that you have backed up your data. We will not be responsible for any data that is lost.
Please note we do not accept returns of special purchase items, consumables, opened software unless it is faulty or software licences.
1. These Conditions of Sale are for business customers only.
2. We do business only under these Conditions.
3. Goods are subject to availability and may vary from those advertised, we can only supply within the European Union.
4. You must decide before ordering if the goods are suitable for your needs.
Prices and Payment
5. Our advertised prices do not include VAT and delivery. The price of the goods may be changed from the one advertised. Please confirm the price before you order.
6. Quotes are valid for 30 days from date of issue after which Roadphone Ltd reserves the right to amend or withdraw them at Roadphone Ltd's discretion.
7. We accept payment by credit or debit card. Credit card and debit card payments are taken at the point of customer order not on dispatch of goods. We accept payment by bank transfer, cheque, BACS only from authorised Roadphone Ltd Internet Account customers.
8. Goods bought on credit must be paid for by 30 days from our invoice date. This 30 day credit limit supersedes any made by the customer unless agreed in writing by Roadphone Ltd accounts department. Only customers accepted as internet account holders by Roadphone Ltd in writing may have credit facilities. We may share customer credit history information with relevant credit agencies.
9. We remain owners of the goods you purchase until you have paid for all of them in full. We can retrieve and resell them if they are not paid for. This applies to all goods we supply to you and to any money owing in respect of any transaction with you.
10. Under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002, we can exercise our statutory right to charge interest and an administration charge on all invoices overdue.
11. We charge for all deliveries unless otherwise agreed in writing by our authorised representative or agent. Please notify us in advance if you have any special delivery requirements. Goods can also be collected from our office at Pinfold Road, Bourne, Lincolnshire PE10 9HT
12. If the goods do not arrive or are incomplete, are the wrong goods or are damaged when you open them, you must contact us within 3 working days of receipt telephone 01778 421250.
13. After delivery you are responsible for protecting the goods against loss or damage.
14. You cannot cancel an order once we have accepted it, unless Roadphone Ltd agrees this in writing.
15. It is your responsibility to check the goods on delivery. All our goods are sold to you with the benefit of the manufacturer's warranty.
16. If faulty goods are to be returned to us you must obtain a written authorisation from Roadphone Ltd. Goods must be returned with all the original packaging together with all accessories and manuals. We cannot accept unauthorised returns that do not comply with the above.
17. Goods returned for repair must be adequately packaged, contain a delivery note giving full contact details of the customer, invoice /delivery address and details of any faults and any repairs that are required. Any warranty repairs must be returned with a copy invoice or proof of purchase.
18. If you change your mind we may take goods back at our discretion if they are unopened, unused and in perfect condition. There will be a handling charge of 15% of the purchase price (or Â£20 whichever is greater) plus a collection charge of Â£6.95 for this service. Please contact us for more details.
19. If you return goods please ensure that you have backed up your data. We will not be responsible for any data that is lost.
20. Please note we do not accept returns of special purchase items, consumables, opened software unless it is faulty or software licences.
Guarantee and liability
21. You get the benefit of the manufacturer's warranty in respect of all the goods we sell. Please note that we do not provide any warranties ourselves in respect of the goods and we exclude any warranties express or implied by statute, common law or of any other kind.
22. We are resellers to business customers and as permitted under the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 we exclude liability for claims regarding the quality or fitness for purpose of goods or otherwise which consumers can make under the Sale of Goods Act 1979. We are liable for death or personal injury caused by our negligence. We do not accept any liability for indirect or consequential losses or loss of profits.
23. Roadphone Ltd shall not be liable for loss of profits, business, revenue, goodwill, loss, corruption or interruption of data or loss of anticipated savings, or any other special, indirect or consequential losses even if foreseeable by or in the contemplation of Roadphone Ltd or any claim made against the Customer by any other person.
24. Under no circumstances shall the liability of Roadphone Ltd exceed the total Charges for goods or services actually paid by the Customer.
Roadphone Ltd reserve the right to amend, replace or withdraw any offers on products and services as detailed on our website without notice. All offers and products are subject to availability.
25. If any Goods require repairs under warranty, they must be returned using the procedure set out in Condition 16.
26. No charges for repairs will be incurred where the Goods are under warranty and the terms of that warranty have not been breached. However we reserve the right to charge a fee when no fault is found.
27. If any item which has been repaired or refurbished by us out of warranty fails within 90 days of despatch from our premises (or such other period as we may specify in writing prior to undertaking the required work) due to faulty workmanship by us or faulty materials provided by us (but not for any other reason) then we will rectify any such defect at our premises. At our discretion, we may in the alternative refund to you the sums paid by you to us for the original defective repair work.
28. A charge will be made at our standard rates (details available on request) for labour and additional parts subsequently found to be faulty in addition to the parts that we originally repaired during warranty investigations.
29. If the item has been tampered with before return to us, subjected to misuse, returned for no apparent reason or returned for any reason outside the terms of the original order then the warranty described above shall be void and we shall be entitled to charge our standard repair prices.
30. When Goods are ready for collection after repair/service or when a quote has been prepared Roadphone Ltd shall contact the customer by fax or e-mail at the address specified by the Customer (The Initial Letter). If the customer does not contact Roadphone Ltd, Roadphone Ltd shall write to the Customer at least one month after the date of the Initial Letter. If the Goods have not been collected, or if instructions to deliver the Goods or to commence work have not been given by the Customer and accepted by Roadphone Ltd within three months of the date of the Initial Letter title to the Goods shall pass to Roadphone Ltd who shall then be free to dispose of the Goods and the Customer shall not be entitled to payment of any compensation.
31. Roadphone Ltd reserves the right to levy storage charges at its discretion where Goods that are not collected by the Customer within 14 days from the date of the Initial Letter.
32. Each of these terms are severable and distinct from the others and if at any time one or more of the provisions is or becomes invalid illegal or unenforceable the validity legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions of this condition of sale shall not in any way be affected or impaired.
33. The Company shall have no liability to Customer in respect of failure to deliver or perform or any delay in delivery or performing any obligations under the Contract due to any cause outside the reasonable control of Company including but not limited to the unavailability of materials or failure of the original manufacturer or supplier of materials or goods (if that shall not be Company) or of carrier to deliver the Goods or to deliver the Goods on time.
34. The headings in these Conditions are for ease of reference and shall not affect interpretation.
35. We sometimes monitor or record telephone calls for training purposes.
36. Acceptance of Goods or Services shall be deemed to be acceptance of these conditions of sale and service.
37. Roadphone Ltd, Pinfold Road, Bourne, Lincolnshire PE10. Registered number 4173496 VAT Number GB 755 4138 24 Tel. 01778 421250 Fax. 01778 421076 e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
English law governs these Terms and Conditions and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in England.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M logo are registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners.